IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility.
IGT has over 12,000 employees and we would love to welcome you as a colleague.
To provide operation support to our customers in Germany, we are looking in the general area of Münster for an
Operations Manager (f/m/x)
In this position you will be the Supervisor of our Operations Support Analyst Team, you will provide support for ongoing operations and projects, both to internal and external customers, supporting Quality Assurance (QA) as well as Customer Acceptance Testing (CAT) and providing documentation.
- Providing operations mentoring and support to customer's operations staff where required
- Providing supervision of the support coverage
- Reliable handling of system emergencies to minimize financial penalties
- Investigating incidents in the production environment, developing incident reports and other follow-up items to the customer base, working mainly with remote engineers
- Making recommendations regarding improvements for operating systems, software, infrastructure and procedures
- Providing and verifying Computer Operations documentation and checklists
- Interface with Services, Project Managers, Account Managers and customer staff as appropriate during projects
- Providing support to QA and CAT phases of projects
- On-site visits and participation in customer technical meetings (approx. 20% travel)
- Translating communication between internal and external parties (English- German).
- Education in Computer Science (Technical high school or equivalent degree i.e. Bachelor)
- 2-3 years’ experience in operation services and a good track record of customer support experience
- Competent in key areas such as Linux/DB2.
- Knowledge of ITIL is a plus
- Team management experience is a plus
- Strong German and English communication skills (both in writing and orally)
- Availability for stand-by (approx. 33%/year), for different customers
- Flexibility regarding out of hours support (on-call availability)
- Being flexible, a team player, taking initiatives and being stress resistant
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and managing constant changes as well as multiple different tasks
- Being able to work with remote teams
- An open and communicative company culture
- A dynamic intercultural environment within a fast-paced industry
- An exciting area of responsibility with the chance for development
- Very good working conditions including health and additional benefits (special pension scheme)
- Company Car
- Possibility of flexible working time and flexible working location as well as 30 days of holiday ensure your work-life balance